Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Honey, I was in an accident..."

That was what Dave said to me about 10 minutes after dropping me off at work. Needless to say, I freaked out and ran out of my office faster than anyone would have thought possible in flip flops and at 6:40 in the morning. So yeah, Dave got hit by a woman who ran a red light at an intersection about 100 yards from my work. She hit the driver's side of our car right on the rear wheel, spinning him a little over 180 degrees so he was back facing the way that he had come. When I got to the intersection, all I saw was our car, sitting in the middle of the intersection, no Dave, no other car, just ours. I started thinking to myself, "The other car left?!" Luckily, I saw Dave sitting on the curb on the other side of the street and hurried across the crosswalk to check on him. He was a little shaken up but not seriously hurt. So that right there was already a huge blessing! I sighed with relief and then asked him what we need to do. About 2 minutes later, the police showed up and gave Dave and the other driver papers to fill out. I started getting some things out of our car that we might need and speaking to the officer about what we will need to do and everything. I, of course, called my mom in tears(we were supposed to be meeting them up in Rexburg for the long weekend) and broke the news to her that our car is not drivable and that we might not be able to make it up.



Once Dave got his papers filled out, and our car was towed away, we walked back to my work to start getting everything taken care of. We immediately called our insurance and started the process of filing our claim. They took Dave's statement and everything. I took the rest of the day off and Brian and Sheri came down to help us sort everything out, because I was a huge wreck. We found out from Geico that we were found to have zero liability in the accident but had yet to hear about the other girl's claim. We were on the phone with Geico for probably between 3-4 hours trying to get everything worked out so that we had some sort of transportation.


Luckily, we were able to rent a car and ended up being able to go to Rexburg after all. We were very blessed and I am so beyond grateful that Dave is ok!! Thanks for everyone's help with everything!! We love you all!!

No comments: