Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's a long road, hitting the pavement again...

Well it is time for our one post for this semester, hopefully that is a joke despite the recent history saying otherwise. I have realized that most of my life has revolved around pavement lately. I have studied pavement, worked on pavement, exercised on pavement, and fallen on pavement. I guess it is about time I post about my pavement thoughts.

To avoid too much embarrassment I will not talk too much about my studying and interest in the actual pavement. Some people might think that it is a little weird, such as my parents and siblings. Other people find it sick and confusing why I like to exercise on the pavement as well and everyone probably assumes it is sad that I fall on the pavement. I just cannot win I guess. The worst part is that I tripped on my own shoe laces and down I went. At least the pavement and I have a special bond. Though that bond still did not soften the impact, dang guess I offended the pavement gods.

Kristen and I are training for the Ogden half and full marathon respectively. The race is May 21st. We are pretty excited and a bit nervous. Kristen will be awesome and I hope she enjoys the run. The race is well designed and very beautiful. I hope I survive the full marathon, made it through one last year, but I was not very proud of my effort nor my outcome. I jumped into a jogging and weight training class this semester in order to force myself to get off my butt. Nothing like knowing that I cannot get a refund for the race to motivate myself to actually exercise, dang I must be lazy. Well at least my friend, the pavement, and I get to spend hours together talking about our days and the weather. Don't you wish you had a friend as dependable as concrete and asphalt.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Silly boy, you don't kiss the concrete, you run on it! :) Are you ok?

Ashley and Trent said...

I love this post! Dave, you are a good writer! I was laughing a lot. I am jealous/impressed that you both are running in a marathon/half-marathon! Go team Young!

the Mother said...

You are quick witted like the rest of the family. Not sure wether to congratulate you or send my sympathy. Loved the post my weird concrete loving Son....